Monday, June 30, 2014

Blog of the Month: Bourbonr Blog


This month's Blog of the Month is the Bourbonr Blog by Blake Riber.  If you're a fan of useful information delivered in a pleasing way, Bourbonr is a fun blog to follow.  Check out their guides to Elijah Craig Barrel Proof releases, Heaven Hill mashbills, and the history of the Buffalo Trace Antique Collection. I'm a fan of the crisp, minimalist graphics paired with useful lists.

The only downside of the blog is that he's a little Pappy obsessed.  For a while, practically every other post was something about Pappy.  I get it, Pappy gets hits (and he advertises, so that matters), but most of us in the bourbon geek world are pretty done with endless Pappy chatter.  Thankfully, though, he seems to be moving away from that.

Check it out!


2 comments:

Harry said...

Thanks. Just visited; his distillery products by mashbill info is interesting. The "sign up for our Pappy release info" pop-up didn't pop up until late in my session. I passed just like I will on Pappy if I ever see it. Liked it at $50 but won't pay more; too many other things out there.

Sam Komlenic said...

Yeah, very nice blog, agreed, but the pop up "Pappy Release Countdown Sign Up" window immediately made me go elsewhere...like back to a blog I really love!